Provide prompt, dependable, high quality, vehicle sales to customers by using current proactive feature benefit sales techniques.
Key Result Areas
- Motorcycle Sales
- Customer Service
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Sales Department Managers
- Attain new and used sales quotas as agreed upon with the sales manager.
- Use floor time effectively to meet customer needs and solicit sales of all products.
- Present the features of all products to customers along with their benefits.
- Show each customer advantages of products over competing brands.
- Maintain the computerized inventory control system along with net profit objectives which eliminate the possibility of “lower than anticipated” profits.
- Cross sell additional parts, accessories, HOG memberships, F&I products, Warranties & service contracts etc. with all new and used vehicles.
- Maintain profit margin objective for all vehicle sales.
- Follow procedures to ensure timely and proper completion of all paperwork.
- Follow procedures for quick and efficient handling of warranty items, including tagging and proper storage of these items.
- Introduce new customers to the service, parts, general merchandise and F&I departments and their personnel.
- Follow the C.U.S.T.O.M. sales process.
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
- Ensure customers are properly qualified for needs, wants, and ability to buy.
- Practice a feature / benefit selling methodology so that all customers receive consistent treatment when doing business.
- Use a common and consistent quotation methodology for vehicle sales, trade-ins and purchases.
- Conduct a road test, and pre-delivery inspection prior to delivery to customer.
- Ensure the delivery to customer is an “EVENT” which endears the customer to the dealership.
- Contact customers using mailing lists, tickler files and personal follow-up to encourage additional sales and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right”.
- Attend training sessions to keep current with sales techniques and sales department issues.
- Cultivate prospects (e.g., showroom customer follow-up, phone-in inquiries, past owners, etc.).
- No Supervisory Responsibilities
- Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
- Model superior customer service behavior for all sales personnel by maintaining positive relationships with customers, employees GM and owner(s).
- Remain current with all Sales department training available by reviewing ProSell & P.A.C.E. tapes and attending seminars, workshops, and other related training programs assigned by the Sales Manager.
- Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Be honest and fair in all business dealings.
- Meet or exceed sales quotas on a regular basis.
- Continually learn more about the products and services you sell.Stay current on motorcycle trends and selling features.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Must have the ability to get along with a broad customer base.
- High energy level.
- Excellence communication skills and demonstrated “closing skills”.
- Knowledge and experience with sales of Harley-Davidson motorcycles, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- Must be able to work effectively with all areas of the dealership to maximize both the buying experience for the customer and the profitability of the dealership.
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- Occasionally requires the ability to balance and push a motorcycle.
- Spend the majority of the day on your feet.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.